
my newest craigslist find. this guy was selling this original painting on craigslist. once i saw it, i was like, "i don't care how much this is. i must have it." so i e-mailed the guy, and his response was $499. oh hell no. i love my sisters, but i can see them in person for that much. so i was sad, and lost hope. then i noticed that he kept posting it over and over again, and maybe a week later, he was asking $150. so i called him, and negotiated a price (which i cannot disclose because if perci ever found out, he'd murder me) and now it's mine!
the only problem is that it's HUGE! i couldn't even fit it in the car, so i had to wait on the street while perci drove all the way out to the marina to pick me and the painting up (you know, by where gani had his b-day party last year). but once it got home, it fit perfectly on the wall.
i love this painting because i like to imagine that it's me, armi and melon when we were little. and sometimes i like to imagine that it's jackie, jillian and joie a few years from now, although, the smallest one seems to remind me of jill. i have to do some serious repair to it... fix the frame and spray a sealant on it so no more damage occurs. but i absolutely love it. and no one understands why. gani saw it hanging up, and pointed to it making "sour face". jr says it's scary, and perci's afraid he's going to come into the room one night and the girls will be turned around. boys.... they just don't understand what it means to be a sister.






4 comments:
I absolutely love it! I just wish every little girl knew how one day her sisters will be her best friends in the world!! It is so us. I can see the sister strength growing in Jackie, Jilli, and Joie (sometimes). That's the most amazing picture ever. Maybe one night Percy will hear it laughing and screaming "Hug May!"
I love it! The post made me want to cry. It's one of those paintings that i can just look at for hours.
WOW, It is SO you guys!! How cool is that? I love it! Now, I wonder if there's one out there with 6 girls?? That would be creepy.
BEAUTIFUL painting. Definitely worth the investment. I hope to see it LIVE someday soon.
Post a Comment