Wednesday, July 09, 2008

music to bring you back...

remember the days when you were so deeply truly and hopelessly in love? at 12 years old? for me, it was the days of gilbert chico, joel dela rosa and johnny depp. or in 7th grade when i asked john garcia (an 8th grader!) to a dance because i was so in love with him, and in a *snap*, out of love because he couldn't dance. well, here are those jams to bring you back, and some current ones that belong back then.

am i missing any?! help me compile the ultimate teenage love affair playlist. enjoy.

(yeah, i got lea salonga in there... what!)

and of course...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MELON!!!

***update 7/10: i added more songs... but i can't find 98 degrees, pebbles/babyface, or timmy t's "one more try". that's just not fair.

9 comments:

li'l momma said...

WOW! How COOL that is!!! How'd you do that? <--You have to say it like Melon when she was 8.

I didn't see "Two Occasions", did you have it on there? :-) Vintage Giano 1988, baby! Bahaha!

WestCoBina said...

two occasions is on there, baby! yes, melon when she was 8 and already had a prenup signed with joey del rosario from yanbu.

Anonymous said...

Oh My God...Joey,Joey, Joey Del Rosario!!! I remember him! I am literally crying from laughing. Remembering all these songs is making me feel really old!!! GIANO ROCKS!

Anonymous said...

Oh and by the way (I ALWAYS tell Melon this) you four have memories like steel traps I tell ya! I don't remember half the stuff until you guys bring it up!! Maybe it's my meanness memory block that's giving my temporary oldtimers disease!!!

GroovyMelon said...

There are 2 things that flood memories back to my brain, (1)certain smells, and (2) music. I can recall a song for each guy i've ever liked (you're probably guessing that it's a long list, and you're right. What can i say, i bounce back easily). Anyhoo, a few songs that really hit me, that i don't see on here, are "love makes things happen" by pebbles and baby face, "The hardest thing" by 98degrees, and "Pretty Girl" by Jon B. AAAhh! i'm getting a lump in my throat just thinking about those songs!

GroovyMelon said...

btw, i like the new layout! You got all artsy-fartsy on us again!

WestCoBina said...

i can't believe i forgot pebbles! i neglected the whole babyface and tevin campbell era! thanks! keep em coming!

GroovyMelon said...

AWWW Chamina! Bina has "Weak" by SWV! That song totally reminds me of the days we use to kick it in Walnut! Good times, good times...

Anonymous said...

Ok I need some Bon Jovi and some Motley Crue!! Just thought I'd suggest it. My kids can't figure out why I keep cracking up at random songs.